As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Country Office is seeking to fill the position of:
Human Resources Specialist
The overall purpose of the post
The Human Resources Specialist will actively provide support and services to national and international staff members related to HR matters in compliance with GIZ and local guidelines and procedures.
- You are the central contact for advising managers and other staff members on all issues in the HR administration area, in particular with regard to contract issues, compensation, leave entitlements and capacity development measures.
- You are providing specialist support to the management and colleagues.
- You are integral part ensuring the quality of the commission’s outcomes.
Main task and responsibilities
The HR specialist:
- implements national personnel policies in line with local conditions and maintains contact with the National Personnel Team at Head Office
- is responsible for implementing HR procedures specifically operational and administrative tasks
- is responsible for all aspects of remuneration (remuneration system, salary groups, benefits, health insurance, function designations, labour law etc.) including preparation of income tax and social benefits documentation for national personnel
- ensures that payroll functions smoothly
- writes and updates the employment manual
- develops human resources instruments and procedures
- oversees and manages a performance appraisal system
- deals with all other organisational and administrative stages in processing, e.g. monthly update of entries in SAP-HR for national personnel
- responsible for the correct leave documentation in Common Portal (Product manager)
- supports the recruitment and selection processes
- assists in implementing a local training plan
- files HR documents (digital and physical files)
- prepares reports and makes statistics when requested
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in human resources, business administration, law, economics.
- Training or specialization in HR would be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in human resources, preferably with a focus on HR administration.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Familiar with HR admin procedures and best practices in an international environment
- Good knowledge of national labour and social law
- Experience in advising on HR issues
- Awareness of how to handle HR issues appropriately (loyalty, confidentiality, data protection)
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines, manage multiple tasks and process large amounts of information
- Excellent communication skills orally and in writing
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent command of English; knowledge of German is an added value
- Excellent working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Acts independently and proactively
- Fast learner and willing to be flexible to perform other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina.
Expected start date: June 2022
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname –HR Specialist-Country Office
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 26th of May 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.