GIZ Kosovo: Slobodno radno mesto za Savetnika za uređenje zemljišta
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Spatial Planning and Land Management Kosovo (SPLM) Project is seeking to fill the position of:
Community Interaction – Land Regulation Advisor
Overall purpose of the post
Funded by the German Government, the project “Spatial Planning and Land Management” (SPLM) implemented from 2019-2021 by GIZ supports Kosovo’s local and central authorities to perform their land management tasks better. This reduces the continuing illegal settlement of agricultural land and counteracts the fragmentation of land ownership and land use structures. The project contributes to development in rural areas by preserving valuable agricultural land in Kosovo and increasing agricultural productivity.
The project works in two fields of action: 1) supporting the Kosovo Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning (MESP) and selected municipalities in spatial planning, and 2) development of land regulation mechanisms (e.g. land consolidation) for land ownership identification and improved management of agricultural areas, together with the Kosovo Ministry of Agriculture. The main task of the recruited advisor is to implement the component of above field of action 2.
Main tasks and responsibilities
In more detail, the Advisor will assume the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Managing and implementing the component on Land Ownership Identification / Land management / Community interaction as an advisor of the programme in agreement with the superior and close cooperation with recruited consultants. Identification of land ownership cases in 2 selected pilot areas and development of feasible mechanisms to resolve land disputes.
- Innovation and knowledge management, including contribution to development of information products (flyers, brochures, media statements, public announcements, social media contributions)
Implementation of project activities
- Implementing project initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups, such as the Ministry of Agriculture or other involved ministries, the association of Kosovo municipalities, municipalities, cadastral offices and others
- Ensuring an efficient day-to-day managing his component according to the project offer document and related annexes (results matrix, capacity works etc.)
- Perform technical and administrative tasks as required by the team and office manager according to GIZ regulations (Policies and Regulations (PuR) and provisions by GIZ Kosovo)
- Representing GIZ values and principles of integrity, good governance
- The maintenance of good communication and a good flow of information with the project leader and between all participating institutions, counterparts and GIZ projects
Other duties/additional tasks
Perform other tasks as mutually agreed in the team and with the project leader
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Community Interaction Expert Spatial Planner, Surveyor, or related discipline (Master)
- At least 10 years of professional working experience
- High level of soft skills in dealing with people (land owners, farmers, planners, municipal staff)
- Conflict sensitivity, moderation and mediation skills
- Experience in cadastral and planning systems and their framework
- Experience in land regulation instruments and their application
- Experience in working with municipalities and on the rural level
- Experience is MS office, Internet applications, GIS, mapping and using of IT based tools (e.g. maptionnaire)
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English; knowledge in German is an added value
- GIZ Office, Pristina. Frequent travel to and presence with partner municipalities and study visits abroad will be required
Expected start date
- October 2019
How to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended) max 4 pages
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Advisor – SPLM Project
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 09 September 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.