As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für InternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für InternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Commerical Unit II is seeking to fill the position of:
The overall purpose of the post
In order to support the implementation of the projects,Commercial Unit II is currently seeking oneFinancial Specialist that will support the Senior Finance Manager in budget planning, cost and cash monitoring, preparation of grant agreements, local subsidies and procurements of goods and materials.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Financial Specialistwill be responsible for:
- supporting on financial management tasks for effective and timely service delivery while ensuring that GIZ rules and regulations are followed; including but not limited to regular and timely overview of project expenditures and cost as well as commitments/obligo monitoring including third-party receivables
- reporting any other financial management issues
- preparing documents for finance agreements and procurements of equipment and materials according to the rules and regulations of GIZ
- consulting regularly on project specifics issues.
The Financial Specialist performs the following tasks:
Project Accounting and Project Financial Organization
- Monitor and keep track of the Third-party receivables either ran the project(s) and of the Country Office
- Support making budgets, financial analyses, forecasts, and financial reports
- Financial monitoring of expenditure, costs, and costs commitments
- Conduct the commercial and legal suitability check for financing arrangements
- Procurement of material goods and services
- Prepare contract documents for grant agreements, local subsidies and if necessary, the training of recipients.
Supports Internal control
- Coordinate the internal and external audits in close coordination with the Country Office
- Assist in audit preparation and rectification of routine errors.
- Peer exchange with colleagues in Commercial Unit II
- Participate in the regular Finance Jour Fixe organized by the Country Office
- Provide information sessions based on the needs of the project team
- Provide consultancy hours for project partners on contractual agreements on financial reporting.
Financial Reporting, budgeting, analysis
- Responsible for the financial reporting according to the cost-output reporting (KOMP) with the GIZ tools (onsite reporting and onsite operations)
- Provide the project team with a monthly overview of the spending based on the cost per output distribution and overall spending of the project
- Financial settlement of local subsidies.
General services, financial monitoring and administration
- Recommend further improvements of service delivery processes for the projects in line with the specific project needs (i.e., objectives, implementation strategies, deadlines, etc.) related to the financial unit.
Other duties/additional tasks
Other tasks assigned by the Senior Finance Manager.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- University Degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in accounting and financing, in the private sector, NGOs and /or an international organisation, dealing with different forms of financial management, and contractual and administrative procedures.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Analytical and strategic thinking as well as a very good command of written and oral expression
- Independent thinking and initiative
- Exact and stringent work attitude, well-organized and constructive approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good knowledge of English; knowledge of German is an added value
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting
- Excellent working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Excel, MS Office, MS Outlook etc.)
- Willingness and ability to upskill in the areas required by responsibilities and tasks
- Team player with the ability to support a multi-discipline international project team
- Integrity, flexibility, and motivation.
Location: GIZ Office Pristina
Expected start date: January/ February 2023
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Financial Specialist – CU
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 1stof December 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.