GIZ Kosovo: Slobodno radno mesto za direktora kancelarije u Prištini
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
It also provides practical and innovative solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalized environment.
Through the department of GIZ International Services (GIZ InS), technical assistance is provided for clients other than the German Government, including development banks, international financiers and institutions, and beneficiary public administrations.
GIZ InS, in consortium with Ernst & Young Law Partnership and EIPP, was recently awarded the EU funded project “Technical Assistance to support the implementation of Public Finance Management Reforms in Kosovo”, for which GIZ InS is seeking to fill the position of:
Main responsibilities and tasks
The office manager is responsible for
- ensuring the smooth running of the project office;
- ensuring effective communication and information flow within the project and with the GIZ office;
- filing documents in compliance with GIZ’s filing rules and EU requirements;
- assisting the team leader in administrative tasks and accounting (project book-keeping);
- assisting the team leader in complying with EU administrative requests and filing needs;
- assisting the team leader, financial controller and project manager in verifying the eligibility of project expenses;
- updating the team leader, financial controller and project manager on the project office budget and on the mobilization of resources approved by the EUO (expert days, incidentals, local office budget);
- assistance in administrative matters, in processing contracts and ToRs;
- monthly budget planning;
- maintaining an inventory of project assets;
- keeping financial records up to date and accurate.
Secretariat work and knowledge management services
The office manager in liaison with the project Team Leader
- creates and maintains an address file with important contact addresses;
- helps create and maintain a filing system for the project office; treats information confidentially; and documents all project activities in compliance with EU and GIZ requirements;
- answers, reviews, forwards and/or takes calls and updates the filing system daily with incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- manages, prioritises and organises incoming and outgoing correspondence (post, fax, email); replies to and manages correspondence (replies), photocopies and scans documents as needed;
- prepares and organises information materials and/or meetings for the team leader, key expert 2 and non-key experts;
- helps organise events and participates in internal and external (team) meetings and workshops and assists with documenting these, e.g. by writing minutes;
- backs-up information, manages and regularly updates all DMS project folders;
- manages the documentary evidence (in hardcopy & electronic form) to support invoices to the EU.
Office coordination, office management and general coordination
The office manager
- reports without delay to the Team Leader and to the person responsible for accounting in the GIZ bilateral office in Kosovo on all problems in financial administration and compliance with rules;
- prepares lessons-learned de-briefing paper for the Team Leader after each administrative Internal Control and shares this with GIZ InS;
- is responsible for filing financial administration documents;
- is responsible for contracting of hotel, conference and catering services according to EU rules;
- assists with creditor and debtor administration, including agreements with national appraisers;
- prepares transfers and/or other bank documents and checks these before completion;
- maintains the inventory updated and reports damage/defects in office furnishings and equipment and organises and follows up on maintenance and repairs;
- regularly draws up a list of forthcoming meetings and events and files all project documentation;
- assists with creditor and debtor administration, including contracts with national EU-approved experts;
- is responsible for administrative aspects of financial management, e.g. bank withdrawals, direct debit orders and for anticipating forecasting the timing of necessary payments to experts, etc.
Support in complying with EU administrative requirements
The office manager
- assists the Team Leader in the preparing and filing documentation related to EU approvals of short-term experts’ assignments, weekend and public holiday work approvals and incidental expenditure;
- liaises with approved short-term experts and processes their monthly timesheets;
- reviews the formal accuracy of timesheets for all categories of project experts and corrects these as needed;
- liaises with short term experts to collect mission reports and outputs and submits them to the Team Leader for review, finalisation and approval;
- collects all approved reports (including mission reports of short-term experts after the Team Leader signs off), presents any necessary hardcopies and CDs to the EU, and the beneficiary and then files these;
- prepares all annexes for the invoices that will be presented by the financial controller to the EU; and
- regularly liaises with the financial controller and the project manager to update them on the incidental expenditure, mobilisation of short-term expert days and forecasted use of resources.
Minimum qualifications, competences and experience
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills, including excellent team-working and communication skills;
- Proficient English and Albanian language skills (including translation and interpreting services;
- University degree in management/administration/finance or similar area;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Attention to detail and accuracy, specifically for all financial matters;
- At minimum of 6 months experience in office or project management with a multi-national work environment in a long-term project;
- Experience in the context of EU-funded service contract projects with legal background is mandatory;
- Evidence of compliance with procedures of previous organisations. Experience with GIZ procedures will be considered a significant advantage;
- Able to establish good and considerate working relationships with all colleagues and partners;
- Proficient IT skills (in particular: Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Customer and service-oriented attitude, fast-learner and willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to other duties as required.
- Project Office, Pristina
Expected start date
- March 2020
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Office Manager – InS Project
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 21 February 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.