As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Entrepreneurship Promotion project is seeking to fill the position of:
Junior Advisor on Economic Cooperation and Private Sector Development
Support to Further Qualification and Training of Business Membership Organizations (BMOs)
The overall purpose of the post
The GIZ project “Economic Development for the Stabilization of the labour market (Entrepreneurship Promotion)” improves the competitiveness of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises in employment-relevant sectors. The project organizes interventions along with the needs of the private sector, business member organisations and chambers. It focuses on sectors such as agriculture and manufacturing with returnees, digitalization and gender as cross-cutting topics. The project is organized into three outputs focusing on topics such as introducing services by chambers and business membership organisations (BMO), introducing qualification and training measures introduced by chambers and business member organisations, and capacity building for public administration.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Junior Advisor will be responsible for:
- Ensuring effective project management cycle of the digital aspects of the activities, by developing the efficient workflow of various project processes, while tracking the projects’ progress through regular monitoring, evaluation, and reporting;
- Providing technical expertise to the project team and implementing partners on the topics of economic development to business membership organizations (BMOs), private sector, chambers and public institutions in capacity-building interventions.
- Support in planning and coordinating activities in advising selected chambers and associations on expanding their range of services in the area of qualification and further training for their member companies and anchoring these offers in the long term in a sustainable manner,
- Support in developing effective communication and working relationships with stakeholders from the private sector, consultants and partner organizations,
- Support in regard to the organisation of practice-oriented further education and training programmes (offline and online) in cooperation with educational institutions, including internships and entrepreneurship training for BMOs,
- Actively participates and assists in the overall and annual planning of project activities,
- Support facilitating and documenting workshops and meetings at all levels,
- Support organizing and participating in meetings and workshops as scheduled by the project manager,
- Support the monitoring activities towards the achievement of indicators, including data collection for indicators, data analysis, and report writing.
Networking and coordination
- Engaging proactively and facilitating communication with and amongst relevant institutional partners as well as within GIZ,
- Perform other tasks at the request of the project leader.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- University degree in Economics, Agro-Economy, Agriculture, Education or any other related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in the working area or relevant.
- Experience in project management and research in an area related to the project’s requirements.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English; knowledge of German is an added value
- Highly motivated, structured and strategic thinking, well organized and independent working style
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge about the value of the environment, ecosystem and biodiversity
- Service-oriented attitude and interpersonal skills, including adapting communication to different recipients and networking in Kosovo and with the international community
- Able to establish good and considerate working relationships with all staff in the organization, demonstrating respect for their respective roles and responsibilities
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed upon with management.
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina
Expected start date: November 2023
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Exclusively to ensure transparency and avoid any potential conflict of interest, please provide the name(s) of any individuals who are related to you or you may know that have either previously worked for or are currently employed by GIZ, to the best of your knowledge (GIZ, in this case, will act in accordance with Article 13 of the Law No. 06/L –082 on Protection of Personal Data)
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Junior Advisor- Support to Further Qualification and Training
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 8th of October 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities, and candidates with a disability to apply.
GIZ is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information we process.
Declaration of Consent
You agree that your personal data will be used for the purpose of the recruitment process, only. The information will only be accessed by recruitment staff and panel members. You understand that your data will be held securely and will not be distributed to third parties. You have a right to change or access your information. You understand that your personal data will be deleted after six months when this information is no longer required for this purpose.