As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Kosovo Energy Project is seeking to fill the position of:
Renewables & Grid Operations Specialist (Albania/ Kosovo)
The overall purpose of the post
The Advisor will be in charge to analyze the trends in energy markets and technology-based solutions including data-based analytics, in particular power sector and renewables technologies. In addition, he/she should be able to support partner institutions in advising and giving recommendations, on potential solutions and reforms. He/she works closely with the Project team Decarbonizing the Electricity Sector in the Western Balkans ” and Energy Project in activity planning and its implementation.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The tasks listed are carried out in close cooperation with the project management of the regional project „Green Agenda: Decarbonization of the Electricity Sector of the Western Balkans“ and the Energy Project:
- Technical analyses and advisory regarding hardware/software solutions for grid integration of renewable energies into the power grids;
- Monitor energy markets and political discourses about energy policies or relevant intl. developments relevant to in the country(ies) of responsibility;
- Analyze and provide advice for the increase of suitable renewable energy options for self-consumption in the private sector.
- Ensure knowledge management and involvement in ongoing process development within the assigned remit;
- Perform planning, steering, and implementation, including project administration tasks in some cases;
- Contribute to the documenting, reporting and communicating of the results of the project activities;
- Maintain good communication and flow of information between all national coordinators and the project, project partners and beneficiaries;
- Support the implementation of the project activities, including drafting terms of references (ToR), technical specifications, estimation of costs, and technical assessments of offers as needed.
- Advise beneficiaries, partners and GIZ project management on technology-based solutions (technical manuals, standard operating procedures (SOPs), software, cloud computing, hardware low/medium/high voltage equipment such as IT/data-based solutions, compatibility) on improving gear and grid operations to connect, couple and feed-in of RE-based electricity in the country(ies) of responsibility;
- Responsible for the technical, substantive and organizational implementation – including the management of consultancies and external experts – of the project’s measures and activities in the country(ies) of responsibility.
Networking and coordination
- Organize exchange and dialogue formats, including on-site consultancies, workshops or conferences;
- Perform other tasks at the request of the project leader.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or adjacent disciplines of engineering, ICT technologies, urban planning, construction, physics, mathematics or similar.
- At least 2 years of general working experience in the energy sector or energy-related research & development;
- At least 1 year of specific technical and methodological knowledge on Renewables and Power Grids (Transmission/Distribution/Transformation) installations, functioning of gear and technological advancements.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good command of spoken and written Albanian;
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English;
- Effective communication skills;
- Proactiveness and constructive thinking;
- Excellent management and organizational skills;
- Very good working knowledge in dealing with IT and use of MS Windows and MS Office program packages (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Good working knowledge of tech software i.e. design and planning of power grids, power grid automation, and other relevant applications.
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina and frequent travelling in the region will be required.
Expected start date: October 2023
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Exclusively to ensure transparency and avoid any potential conflict of interest, please provide the name(s) of any individuals who are related to you or you may know that have either previously worked for or are currently employed by GIZ, to the best of your knowledge (GIZ, in this case, will act in accordance with Article 13 of the Law No. 06/L –082 on Protection of Personal Data)
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Energy Advisor – KEP
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 30th of August 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities, and candidates with a disability to apply.
GIZ is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information we process.
Declaration of Consent
You agree that your personal data will be used for the purpose of the recruitment process, only. The information will only be accessed by recruitment staff and panel members. You understand that your data will be held securely and will not be distributed to third parties. You have a right to change or access your information. You understand that your personal data will be deleted after six months when this information is no longer required for this purpose.