As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Innovation and Training Park (ITP) in Prizren is seeking to fill the position of:
The overall purpose of the post
The GIZ/ITP project supports the development of an Innovation and Training Park on the premises of a former military camp, making use of its facilities and infrastructure. Companies and institutions are settling in the park to benefit from an inspiring ecosystem, while the park management secures adequate premises and services and attracts more businesses into ITP.
The Communication Specialist will play a crucial role in supporting the park management in advancing strategic communication and public relations efforts, overseeing the website and social media channels for ITP. He/ She will be responsible for developing and executing a communication strategy aimed at promoting ITP.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The communication specialist performs the following:
- Supports the strategic direction of communication and PR,
- Implements measures for project communication and PR, including ITPs website and social media,
- Develops and implements communication plan to promote ITP’s goals and services,
- Manages media inquiries and engages pro-actively with media; Arranges the design and production of communications & visibility materials,
- Supports the implementation of workshops, conferences and other project events at the ITP and elsewhere,
- Coordinates external service providers related to communication and PR work,
- Monitors media coverage and analyses data to measure the effectiveness of communication efforts,
- Ensures effective communication and flow of information within the project,
- Supports the Team Leader and the project team in other project-related duties.
- Assists the Team Leader with the strategic direction of the project’s communication efforts including the assurance of the presentation of a consistent image and vision of the Innovation and Training Park (ITP) Prizren,
- Develops and implements suitable project communication activities (offline, as well as through Social Media, website, GIZ internal and external communication channels, etc.),
- Manages the re-launching of the project’s website and ensures constant further development; arranges the design and production of communications & visibility material for the project.
- Develops and implements the project’s media activities (drafting and sending out press releases, compiling assembling and distributing media information materials for specific target groups, etc.),
- Establishes and maintains regular contacts with local, national or even international media;
- Monitors and analyses the media in relation to the project’s scope of activities,
- Assists the Team Leader with the strategic direction of the project’s PR efforts,
- Develops suitable communication instruments for PR (e.g. project brochures, fact sheets, advertising material, PowerPoint presentations, etc.),
- Manages the appropriate coordination processes to produce publications and materials in accordance with GIZ standards (corporate design, standards for content),
- As needed, organises project’s events,
- Plans and executes campaigns to promote events and other activities.
- Identifies appropriate instruments and channels for effective communication and flow of information within the project and the GIZ country office / other GIZ projects,
- Proactively publishes communications materials on GIZ’s internal platform.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Assists the Team Leader and the project team with the national and international efforts to market the ITP Prizren if needed,
- Contributes to the project’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system,
- Contributes to the project’s knowledge management,
- Contributes to the project’s monitoring & evaluation,
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the Team Leader.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- University Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or relevant fields.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in the field of communication (media and PR work, journalism, internal communication or lobbying or similar).
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Experience in project and/or event management;
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop);
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and Social Media platforms.
- A high degree of creativity;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Pro-active attitude towards work and strong motivation to take on new challenges;
- Excellent knowledge of one of the local languages and English; German will be an asset.
Location: GIZ ITP Office in Prizren with frequent travel to GIZ office in Pristina (1-2 days
Expected start date: November 2023
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Exclusively to ensure transparency and avoid any potential conflict of interest, please provide the name(s) of any individuals who are related to you or you may know that have either previously worked for or are currently employed by GIZ, to the best of your knowledge (GIZ, in this case, will act in accordance with Article 13 of the Law No. 06/L –082 on Protection of Personal Data)
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Communication Specialist – ITP Prizren
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 23rd of October 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities, and candidates with a disability to apply.
GIZ is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information we process.
Declaration of Consent
You agree that your personal data will be used for the purpose of the recruitment process, only. The information will only be accessed by recruitment staff and panel members. You understand that your data will be held securely and will not be distributed to third parties. You have a right to change or access your information. You understand that your personal data will be deleted after six months when this information is no longer required for this purpose.