GIZ Kosovo:Slobodno radno mesto za vozača
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see: www.giz.de.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Innovation and Training Park (ITP) project in Prizren is seeking to fill the position of:
Overall purpose of the assignment
GIZ has been mandated by the Government of Kosovo to manage the former camp of the German Armed Forces in Prizren and to set up the Kosovar-German Innovation and Training Park (ITP) in Prizren. The aim of the ITP is to make the best use of the camp and its premises through providing facilities and services to businesses with the most growth potential and to start-ups. Additionally, the ITP will offer Vocational Education and Training (VET) to support its tenants and the needs of labour market. (For more information, please visit www.itp-prizren.com).
The driver will support the overall implementation of project activities in terms of transportation and administration support.
Main task and responsibilities
The driver is responsible for
- safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles
- regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles
- taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations
- running official errands and
- assisting with other office work
The driver performs the following tasks:
- provides passenger transport in an official car for project or programme staff, official visitors, guests and office staff when needed
- runs errands for the project or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies
- completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards
Office work and services
- cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly
- checks oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents etc.
- is responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance
- calculates monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting
- reports need for service and carries out minor repairs
- immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings
- uses all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers
Other duties/additional tasks
- assists other colleagues as needed in the project, programme or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other maintenance and office work on request
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- secondary school education
- holds a valid driver’s license
- at least 1-3 years’ work experience as a driver with references
- no major accidents in the past 3 years
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English or German second language is an asst
- discipline and punctuality
- resilience and patience
- familiarity with cities and the region
- appropriate appearance and attire (friendly manner with all passengers)
- ensures unrestricted availability of vehicles at all times and reports restrictions immediately
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Location: The office is based in the GIZ Project Office in Prizren
Expected start date: 15 October 2019
How to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Driver – ITP Project
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 23 September 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic minorities as well as candidates with disability to apply.