GIZ Kosovo: Slobodno radno mesto za socijalnog savetnika
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Reintegration Project (URA) is seeking to fill the position of:
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Junior Social Advisor:
- attends to the needs of the voluntary and involuntary returnees that enter Kosovo from Germany and France
- takes part in the reception of returnees at the airport and in first registration steps
- registers new returnee cases according to the guidelines of the project/program
- assesses the situation of returnees during field visits and provides social counselling
- supports the returnees with issues related to administration and application of state provided social services. This may include providing support in filling forms and accompanying the returnees to local governmental offices.
- prepares reintegration plans for returnees after individual evaluation of the situation in close cooperation with the psychologist and the job advisor
- prepares payment requests of own caseload and follows up with the impact on the client
- follows-up on planned activities/instruments to establish a certain quality of services
- communicates with third actors concerning reintegration of specific returnees to facilitate the process
- creates and provides relevant statistical data related to caseload
- prepares success stories out of caseload and participates in team meetings, activities and events
- participates in all other office tasks relevant to his/her function
- takes over other tasks and duties, as instructed by programme manager or team leader.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s in social sciences, psychology, sociology or comparable qualification related to social work
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge and ability related to office applications (excel, word, outlook, etc.)
- Very good language proficiency in either English or German required, as the documentation needs to be done in one of those languages. At least B2 in either of the languages necessary
- Willingness to work in a team and support all other team members to the best of his/her ability
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Location: GIZ Office, Pristina
Expected start date: July/August 2019
How to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Junior Social Advisor – URA Project
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 10 July 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.