GIZ Kosovo: Slobodno radno mesto za finansijskog asistenta
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Capacity Development in the Basic Education (CDBE) project is seeking to fill the position of:
Overall purpose of the post
The project Capacity Development in Basic Education (CDBE) is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is being implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). The project supports the Government of Kosovo in improving the quality of education in Kosovo within the following areas: a) transparency, accountability and public participation, b) pre-service teacher training, c) school Integrated Approach, d) inclusion of students returning from migration and minorities.
In order to support the implementation of the aforementioned project, GIZ is currently seeking for a Finance Assistant that will support the supervisor in all administrative and accounting related tasks. He/she will support budgetary planning processes, initiate and supervise service contracts, local subsidies and procurements. He/she will successfully and professionally work with partners and service providers regarding contract initiation, constant assistance and contract conclusion.
The Finance Assistance will report to the supervisor both disciplinary and thematically. He/she will ensure the responsible conduction of his/her tasks and deliver results in a reliable and timely manner. Even under a high workload, he/she should be able to set priorities well, keep track of all tasks and to identify and report bottle necks immediately.
Main task and responsibilities:
- Assisting the supervisor and project-team in relevant project tasks
- Supporting the supervisor in budgetary planning processes, especially annual budgetary planning and continuous monitoring of spending
- Coordinating all financial and contractual processes with the project-team
- Initiating contracts with service providers/ contractors, monitor their implementation from a financial perspective in close coordination with the experts and ensuring timely closure of contracts
- Cooperating with and supporting service providers/ contractors in applying correct GIZ procedures registering invoices and other processes during the contract period;
- Preparing invoices and receipts for accounting and executing payments and checks for compliance with GIZ rules
- Overseeing procurement processes in accordance with guidelines
- Supporting the preparation and implementation of internal and external audit missions
- SAP finance application
- Providing support in translation and organizational tasks to Team Leader/supervisor
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related subjects
- At least 3 years professional experience as a financial assistant dealing with different forms of administrative, accounting and contractual proceedings (desirable in an international context)
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, office administration and financial reporting
- Very good knowledge of English; knowledge in German is an added value
- Work experience working for an international organization, international NGO or bilateral donor agency
- Analytic and strategic thinking as well as very good command of written and oral expression
- Very good working knowledge of standard computer applications, especially Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications
- GIZ Office, Pristina
Expected start date
- 2 September 2019
- Interviews with short-listed candidates will take place on 27th and 28th of August 2019
How to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Finance Assistant – CDBE
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 20 August 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic minorities as well as candidates with disability to apply.