GIZ Kosovo: Radno mesto za Menadžer/Koordinatora za start up mreže u ICT sektoru
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH,
Project “Innovation and Training Park (ITP) Prizren”
is seeking to fill the position of:
Coordinator and Network Manager
Start-Up and ICT-Sector
Overall purpose of the post
Within the German-Kosovar bilateral cooperation GIZ has been commissioned to develop the former camp of the German KFOR contingent in Prizren to an Innovation and Training Park. Objective of the project is to settle new enterprises and training institutions as well as start-ups in the Park and provide the necessary infrastructure as well as business and networking services. Three sectors are envisaged: (i) Information and Communication Technology / Software (ICT), (ii) Creative and Cultural Industry including Tourism and (iii) Agro and Food Processing. They are complemented by the cross-cutting sectors (i) Training, (ii) Research and Development and (iii) Start-up Relevant Organisations. For more information see ITP-PRIZREN.COM.
The project offers a challenging position in an international team dedicated to the economic development of Kosovo and the region of Prizren.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Coordinator and network manager Start-Up and ICT-Sector will be responsible:
- to develop the start-up system and a promoting environment within ITP. You will cooperate with start-up supporting institutions. As a community manager you will develop coworking and maker spaces and organize support and advice to start-ups.
- to attract and acquire ICT companies and training institutions to the park. You manage sector networks within the park, regionally and internationally and you promote and organize professional network, business, advisory and training services for the networks.
Together with the team he/she will:
- develop and implement the strategy of the project and the ITP communication strategy
- establish ITP as a regional knowledge hub including regional conference and summer schools
- participate in the overall management of the ITP and the cooperation with the stakeholders.
You will work closely with start-ups, providers of start-up services, with business association in Kosovo and internationally and will be contact person for start-ups and enterprises and address their needs.
As part of the GIZ, he/she will draw not only on the back up by GIZ headquarter in Germany and its international community of practice and experience, he/she will also have access to modern instruments of strategizing and implementation.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
GIZ is seeking an innovative and well-connected expert with the following qualifications and experience:
- University degree in a subject related to the objectives of the project and the fields of activities
- At least 5 years professional experience in the start-up and the ICT sector
- Experience in community building and moderation
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Initiative and creative / innovative thinking as well as a strategic mindset
- Openness and eagerness to create spaces for new approaches and cooperation’s
- High representation and excellent social and interpersonal communication skills
- Well organized and constructive approach, excellent management skills
- Willingness and ability to upskill in the areas required by responsibilities and tasks
- Ability to work in a multi-task, multi-discipline international project team
Location: The office is based in the GIZ Project Office Innovation and Training Park in Prizren
Expected start date: April 2020
How to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – CNM Start-Up and ICT – ITP Project
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 6 March 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic minorities as well as candidates with disability to apply.