GIZ Kosovo: Posao za mlađeg savetnika u sektoru informacionih i komunikacionih tehnologija
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see: www.giz.de.
The GIZ project, “Creating Employment through Export Promotion (CETEP)” enables micro, small and medium enterprises in employment relevant sectors to make use of the potentials of international markets. The project organizes into interventions along the needs of the private sector in sectors such as Agriculture, ICT and Manufacturing, by utilizing four fields of action. These are: business-related information, market- oriented business services, product and process innovations, and export promotion.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Creating Employment through Export Promotion (CETEP) project is seeking to fill the position of:
for support on business development in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and manufacture sector for creation of employment through export promotion
Main tasks and responsibilities
The junior Adviser is responsible to:
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of project activities with regard to ICT and manufacture sector
- Contribute in developing of good communication and working relationship with stakeholders from the private and public sector, operating in ICT and manufacture sector
- Contribute in identification of needs for support in terms of capacity development and technical assistance in ICT and manufacture sector
- Contribute in support of stakeholders from private and public sector in development of measures based on identified needs
- Develop good communication and working relationships with private and public stakeholders, especially with those operating in the ICT and manufacture sector
- Support sector Associations in implementing of activities with regard to internationally recognised standards (in the field of ICT and manufacture sector)
- Support sector Associations in promotion of ICT and manufacture services and products at regional and international markets (fairs, B2B )
- Promote the visibility of the project
- Monitor and report on the economic, social and political situation in his/her field of work
- Organize and participate in meetings and workshops as scheduled by the project manager and senior task manager
The junior Advisor performs the following tasks:
- Contributes to the implementation of project activities in close consultation/cooperation with the GIZ CETEP project team and counterparts from the public and private sector
- Ensures regular communication and information flows with cooperation partners
- Assists in preparation of local and international short-term consulting contracts, in the field of responsibility
- Deals with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, round tables, seminars and other events on issues related to the project’s area of activity
- Takes part in meetings of the project team as scheduled by the project manager
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technical engineering (ICT, manufacturing), engineering management, business economics, or related fields. Master’s degree in one of these fields is an advantage
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of technical engineering (ICT, manufacturing), engineering management, business economics, or related fields
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English; knowledge in German is an added value
- Very good advisory and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of ICT and manufacture sector structure in Kosovo
- Familiarity with ICT and manufacture sector Value Chains in Kosovo is an asset
- Good knowledge of the applied international standards in the field of ICT and manufacture sector
- Good knowledge of regional and international marketing rules for ICT and manufacture services and products
- Knowledge of market analysis and market-based business development services for related ICT and manufacture sector is an asset
- Initial experiences in advising stakeholders from public and private sector is an asset
- Familiarity with the principles of capacity development in technical cooperation is an asset
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Team-work spirit
- Very good working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
Location: GIZ Office, Pristina Start date: 1 December 2019 How to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
· Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Junior Advisor ICT – CETEP Project Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 5 November 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.