GIZ Kosovo: Otvoreno radno mesto za finansijskog menadžera
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Project Innovation and Training Park (ITP) Prizren is seeking to fill the position of:
The overall purpose of the post
Within the German-Kosovar bilateral cooperation, GIZ develops the former camp of the German KFOR contingent in Prizren to an Innovation and Training Park. The objective of the project is to settle new enterprises, start-ups and training institutions in the Park and provide the necessary infrastructure as well as business and networking services. Owner of the Park is the ITP Association.
In order to support the implementation of the project, GIZ is currently seeking for a Finance Assistant that will support the supervisor in all administrative and accounting and finance-related tasks.
- Accounting of the ITP Association according to Kosovar law which will be outsourced to an accounting firm and has to be coordinated and monitored
- Accounting and finance management of the donor financed ITP project.
The Finance Manager supports budgetary planning processes, initiates and supervises service contracts, local subsidies and procurements. He/she will successfully and professionally work with partners and service providers regarding contract initiation, constant assistance, contract conclusion and receivable management.
The Finance Manager will report to the supervisor both disciplinary and thematically. He/she will ensure the responsible conduction of his/her tasks and deliver results in a reliable and timely manner. Even under a high workload, he/she should be able to set priorities well, keep track of all tasks and to identify and report bottlenecks immediately
Main task and responsibilities
The Finance Manager will be responsible for:
- Supporting the supervisor in budgetary planning processes, especially annual budgetary planning, continuous monitoring of spending and financial reporting
- Coordinating with the accounting firm and monitor its work and results
- Receivable management of the ITP Association
- Financial reporting with all the necessary documents
- Coordinating all financial and contractual processes with the project team
- Initiating contracts with service providers/ contractors, monitor their implementation from a financial perspective in close coordination with the ITP staff and ensuring timely closure of contracts
- Cooperating with and supporting service providers/ contractors in applying correct GIZ procedures registering invoices and other processes during the contract period;
- Handling GIZ grant agreements and local subsidies including their auditing
- Preparing invoices and receipts for accounting and executing payments and checks for compliance with GIZ rules
- Overseeing procurement processes in accordance with guidelines
- Supporting the preparation and implementation of internal and external audit missions
- SAP finance application
- Advising team members on aspects of accounting as well as relevant rules and procedures.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in business administration, accounting, finance
- Certificate from Society of Certified Accountants and Auditors of Kosovo (SCAAK).
- At least 4 years of professional experience in accounting and financing, in NGO and /or an international organisation, dealing with different forms of accounting, contractual and administrative procedures.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English; knowledge of German is an added value
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting
- Analytic and strategic thinking as well as very good command of written and oral expression
- Independent thinking and initiative
- Exact and stringent work attitude, well organized and constructive approach
- Constructive communication skills
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications as well as Microsoft Office programmes
- Willingness and ability to upskill in the areas required by responsibilities and tasks
- Ability to support a multi-discipline international project team.
Location: Innovation and Training Park in Prizren
Expected start date: January 2021
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Finance Manager– GIZ ITP
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 27 November 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.