As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Sustainable Municipal Services (SMS) Project is seeking to fill the position of:
The overall purpose of the post
The position holder will be in charge to ensure an efficient day-to-day running of the project and will implement procedures, policies and regulations in the project involving contracting, budgeting, accounting, finance monitoring and administration.
Main task and responsibilities
The Administrative Specialist will assume the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence and calls
- Maintains and follows up the calendar of Project deadlines and events
- Maintains the Project’s databases (monitoring, contacts, final deliverables etc.)
- Supports administrative, organizational and logistical aspects of project activities related to team and work-related meetings, training events, workshops, seminars, public events, study tours etc.
- Takes meeting minutes during the Project’s formal and working meetings upon request
- Supports the compilation and editing of projects reports and presentations
- Organizes the travelling and accommodation of Project staff and incoming international experts
- Ensures guests’ and experts’ comfort
- Organizes translations of documents
- Coordinates with the GIZ country office and GIZ Headquarters on the mode of service delivery
- Ensures local and international contracting, contract management and monitoring under the project in line with GIZ rules and regulation
- Ensures the preparation and management of local subsidies, financing agreements and internal work assignments under the project in line with GIZ rules and regulation
- Files the documents in reference files in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Files the documents in the data management system (DMS) and integrated digital application (IDA), and takes care of their updating and maintenance
- Ensures that computers, IT equipment and software are available and function properly
- Ensures the cleanliness and functionality of the office facilities and monitors the availability of accessories and stocks
- Prepares and carries out procurement under the project in accordance with guidelines, including registration within GIZ and handing over procedures of supplies to partner institutions
- Ensures the completeness and update of the inventory list
- Supports the preparation and implementation of internal and external audit missions
- Monitors the monthly accounting and financial plans, as well as the annual procurement /contracting plan
- Manages the Cash Box of the Project
- Maintains the Bank Book of the Project
- Supports the monitoring of expenses in accordance with the budget
- Prepares invoices and receipts for accounting and executes payments and checks for compliance with GIZ rules
- Supervises costs and expenditures of the project budget and helps to prepare the financial report of the Project under GIZ and EU requirements
- SAP, Onsite and Winpaccs finance application
- Reports and implements travel costs reimbursement, participant registration, logistical issues of activities
- Prepares and contributes to field missions, campaigns, fairs, workshops, information days etc.
- Supports the preparation of study tours, workshops and trainings in Kosovo and beyond
- Assists in the translation of documents and interpreting at meetings and events etc.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
Qualifications and professional experience
- A university degree in business administration, finance, management or a similar area and at least two (2) years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position
Secondary education with specialized/specific trainings in finance, business administration/management required and at least seven (7) years of relevant professional experience.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Excellent written and spoken English; German is an added value
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP
- Experience in EU projects and/or with Onsite and Winpaccs is an asset
- Well organized and solution-oriented
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina. Frequent travel to partner municipalities might be required
Expected start date: April 2022
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname –Administrative Specialist– GIZ SMS project
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 20th of March 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.