GIZ Kosovo: Dva radna mesta za pripravnike u oblasti informacionih tehnologija (IT)
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft fürInternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. Formoreinformationabout GIZ see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH,
project Good Financial Governance (GFG) in Kosovo, offers vacancies for:
Two Local Interns (TAK)
(Tax Administration of Kosovo (TAK))
The GIZ project Good Financial Governance (GFG) in Kosovo supports the National Assembly, Ministry of Finance (MOF) and Tax Administration of Kosovo(TAK) and aims to strengthen the system of public finance in regard to accountability and efficiency.
The Government approved the first Public Finance Management Reform Strategy (PFMRS) 2016-2020 in June 2016, with the aim of achieving sound financial management by improving systems that ensure fiscal discipline, operational efficiency and effective allocation of Kosovo’s public resources.
Through strengthening the Good Financial Governance in Kosovo, the Project intends to (i) strengthen capacity of the MOF to prepare and execute a comprehensive and credible budget; (ii) strengthen the TAK with regard to the effectiveness, efficiency and its relationship with citizens and its cooperation with other institutions; (iii) strengthen capacities of the Budget and Finance Committee (BFC) and the Committee for Oversight of Public Finance (COPF) of National Assembly to fulfil their mandate for budgetary oversight more strongly; and (iv) strengthen inter institutional coordination among key actors in Public Financial Management with regard to budget execution, tax administration and parliamentary budget oversight.
Strengthened capacities of the TAK IT departmentwould boost TAK capability to fulfil its mandate and develop further its systems and tools for provision of services to taxpayers.
Overall purpose of assignments
The Local Interns will support GFG Project Component with the Tax Administration of Kosovo (TAK), respectively the IT Department in developing work applications, conducting developing research and technical recommendations on products, services and protocols.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The main tasks and responsibilities of the local intern will be to:
- Assist development of new applications, systems and software tools as well as improvement of existing software applications within TAK
- Assist the process of ensuring that developed applications fulfill the criteria and work objectives, end-user requirements, design, based on practices and standards for software development
- Assist planning, execution and management of integration of new applications into existing software systems, designing of tools and applications for inter-action and exchange of inter-institutional data and other parties, in accordance with TAK needs
- Assist identification and creation of procedures for updating of applications and fixing of problems (bug fix)
- Assist in coordination of activities with system administrators, network administrators and database administrators to ensure proper functioning of the infrastructure and to support quality assurance, functioning logic of software programs and data processing
- Other tasks related to work processes and IT in the TAK
Description of administrative tasks:
- Participate in internal meetings held by TAK IT departmentand in meetings with other units in TAK and in meetings organized by the GFG Project,if needed
- Assist collection of taxpayer information from TAK database to support joint activities of GFG and TAK
- Provides evidence for meetings and areas of involvement, where necessary, prepares official records or minutes
Qualifications and experience sought
- University diploma in the field of Information Technology or confirmation that the candidate is in the final year of studies
- Certificates on development of software applications in Microsoft platform or similar
- Work experience in one of the following developing technologies would be an advantage: ASP.Net, C#, VB.Net, Web Services, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS)
- Experience in project work (internships at relevant institutions desirable)
- Very strong analytical and writing skills
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Very good knowledge of English
- Systematic and structured approach to work
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Participation in extra-curricular programs, and participation in civil society activities, regarded as a priority
- The office is based in the Tax Administration of Kosovo in Pristina
- This is a full-time internship; the working hours are set in accordance with TAK procedures
- The internship is offered with a negotiable duration of 3-6 months
Expected start date
- As soon as possible
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Local Intern (TAK) – GFG
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 22March 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic minorities as well as candidates with disability to apply.