GIZ oglašava radno mesto za lokalnog eksperta u upravljanju otpadom
Under the EU construction project ‘Infrastructure facility for waste storage in Kosovo’ “Support Waste Management in Kosovo” a new landfill in Zvecan is currently being built. It will serve four municipalities in the north of Kosovo, North Mitrovica, Zvecan, Zubin Potok and Leposavic. This Action aims to increase and sustain the benefits of the new landfill by providing a comprehensive operator model for waste collection and disposal and support the capacity development of the four municipalities and the future service providers.
Implementation of the selected operator model for landfill operations and management will be supported through the development of the technical capacities, legal and administrative advice, as well as cost assessments, gate fee calculations. Management and staff of the landfill operator will be strengthened in their capacity to assure sustainable operation of the landfill.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH,
Programme “Sustainable Municipal Services (Waste Management)” offers the vacancy for a:
Local Expert for the project “Upgrading of waste collection system and establishing sustainable waste disposal in municipalities North Mitrovica, Zvecan, Leposavic and Zubin Potok”
Overall Purpose of Post
The local expert will support GIZ SMS in implementing activities within the scope of the project “Upgrading of waste collection system and establishing sustainable waste disposal in municipalities North Mitrovica, Zvecan, Leposavic and Zubin Potok” which supports the development of a business and operation plan for landfill operations on Savina Stena sanitary landfill.
Task and Responsibilities:
The local expert provides:
- Support developing potential business models for new company which is to be established for the sanitary landfill Savina Stena;
- Support to expert research and developing a detailed operational cost calculation for each business model for the potential company;
- Support developing of cost prediction for management and administrative procedures for each business model;
- Support drafting sustainable landfill management processes through a suitable service agreement;
- Implementation of the selected operator model for landfill operations and management;
- Support the decision-making process of the landfill operator to its legal, financial and administration implementation;
- Technical assistance to the development of a business plan for landfill operations including transparent cost assessment and calculation;
- Networking and cooperation with partners and experts on the project and other relevant stakeholders to maintain good working relationships and to cooperate towards the project’s objectives;
- Support developing of the technical capacities, legal and administrative advice, as well as cost assessments, and gate fee calculations;
- Support preparing and implementing of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the project’s area of activity;
- Reporting on regular basis to team leader on progress;
- Contribution to the required communication and visibility as well as monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Close cooperation with the GIZ SMS team;
- Any other task as required by the team leader for the successful implementation of the project.
Qualifications and experience sought
- University degree, masters or higher (preferably in the environmental, waste management or economy and business management) related to the project objectives;
- At least five (5) years of working experience in related areas;
- Effective writing and communication skills in Serbian and English. German and other local languages are desirable.
- Previous experience with local and national levels of governance;
- Experience of research and consulting in an area related to the project’s requirements;
- Experience in facilitating and organizing round tables, leading working groups and presentations;
- Experience in mediation and advocacy;
- Research skills and well organized;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of social media tools (e.g. blogging, social networks, project management tools);
- Knowledge about the value of the waste management, landfill operations, business management, economics and business modeling;
- Service-oriented attitude and interpersonal skills, including adapting communication to different recipients and networking in municipalities which are part of the project;
- Able to establish good and considerate working relationship with all staff within the project, demonstrating respect for their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Driving license B category.
- Position is based at GIZ SMS, Pristina.
- Participation in field visits are expected – throughout Kosovo.
- Frequent site visits to Savina Stena Landfill, Zvecan Municipality and other northern municipalities.
- Meetings, workshops and other arrangements might require trips out of the country.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English or German, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV Europass http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions
- Letter of Motivation;
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations;
- Subject of the email: Local expert for support for decision making process for operator model
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 02.10.2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic minorities as well as candidates with disability to apply.